1. Has to be a 9'ft rod but would settle for 8'6" if necessary.
2. Has to be at least a #4WT. Nothing against the wet-noodle guys and fingerling brook trout fishermen out there, but I just don't like to fish with a cocktail straw.
3. Must pack down into at least maximum carryon length (~35", I think)
4. Can't cost an arm and a leg, less than $300 total.
5. Isn't Tenkara. Again, not my steez, but nothing against those guys. However, naming all your flies something weird and Japanese-y is exactly as weird as those kids who watched a lot of Anime in college and only ate ramen -- REAL RAMEN -- from the only Japanese grocery store in town.
6. Ideally, weighs less than 16 oz, total.
Here's what I'm looking at so far: